It doesn’t make any sense that a show that had a bloated cast problem for years, will go from 20+ characters in the Lima part alone to only 5 characters in total, with not even 1 supporting/background character already set up (as Adam and Demi are leaving too).
And they don’t even have much going on in New York when it comes to settings and common interests: everything and everyone is very isolated:
- Rachel has Funny Girl, but with Santana gone she will be the only one in that storyline again.
- Kurt and Rachel both work at the diner, but Rachel won’t be able to continu doing that for very long. Will they have Blaine and Sam work there now instead?
- Same with NYADA. Will Rachel still attend once Funny Girl starts? And even when Blaine joins Kurt at NYADA, so far they have shown practically nothing there, and the only people they did set up at NYADA are gone: Cassandra, Brody and Adam and the Apples. I don’t expect Carmen Tibidaux back very soon either. So they’ll have to start from scratch again there.
- Then there is Vogue, which so far is Kurt’s alone, but they haven’t shown it in ages and Isabelle is gone as well. And when they did the model storyline for Sam they didn’t even use Kurt’s connection in the fashion world.
- Which brings me to Sam: he’ll be the only one in the modelling storyline (as they haven’t used Kurt for it yet so I doubt they will in the future), and Santana as a potential model is out of the question now too.
- Artie will be in film school, alone, and as his wheelchair already got him excluded out of storylines and songs at McKinley, being handicapped in New York will be even more isolating for him.
- Kurt will be the only man left standing in his band. Although I think this unfortunately will be the setting where Blaine and Sam will be shoved into.
- So that leaves only the loft and Callbacks, but they can’t end every episode with the gang going to a karaoke-bar to sing their mandatory group closing number.
Either they hire a whole bunch of new people, unfamiliar faces and characters they all have to build up and give some attention to so they get some interest and sympathy from the viewers (in the wake of familiar faces leaving the show), or they let those 5 characters (with Artie being supportive only 4 really) mainly interact in the loft, like a sitcom.
- That’s not enough action for an hour long show, not even when they put in 8 songs per episode.
- RIB are not good enough writers and producers to pull that off.
- Out of those 4-5 actors left on Glee 2 can’t act themselves out of a paper bag, let alone carry a show.
This is a trainwreck bound to happen.
You said I love you girl, I said I love you more….
…the kind of life with love and heartbreak and happiness and tragedies.
I was sort of discovered by a casting director. I was twenty, and I was kind of like, ‘Why would I want to act? What am I going to do, community theatre?’ At the time, my main goal in life was trying to pay the rent. But this woman said, ‘You have a natural ability.’ So I got in this acting class and the teacher said, ‘You could have a career doing this.’ Suddenly I was thinking, ‘Wow, I’ve never been good at anything in my whole life before. Maybe I can get paid for it.’